HML Linker User Guide
- Provides immediate access to full text journal articles provided by the Library.
- Shows alternative sources of the journal article, if it is not available electronically.
How to Locate a Full-Text Journal Article
1. Conduct a search in a database of your choice.
2. Click on the button to open a new web browser window with a HML Linker results page.
3. If the Library provides access to that article, HML Linker displays the following message:
- Article: Links DIRECTLY to the article. Use this RECOMMENDED link.
- Journal: Browse through the journal's volume, issue, and content pages to get to the article, if an "Article" link is not available.
- Source: Browse through the Source's (i.e., provider's) site, to get to the article, if direct links to the article or to the journal are not available.
How to Locate an Article Not Available Electronically
If the Library does not provide access to the article or journal electronically, HML Linker displays the following message:
Go to Step 2 and see if a print copy is available in HML.
Search by ISSN or title.
If the article is not available in the Library's print journal collection, then go to Step 3.
- Submit a document delivery request to have the Library obtain a copy for you.
- Check the article's availability through the University of Hawaii at Manoa libraries.
- Check the article's availability through the Hawaii State Public Library System.
- Seek further help by contacting the Library for assistance.