- How to Write a Paper
- How to Write a Letter of Recommendation
- Dictionary and Encyclopedia
- Instructions for Authors
- Translation Services
- General Resources
How to Write a Paper
- APA Documentation - The Writing Center, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Chicago Manual of Style FAQ
- Citation Style for Research Papers: APA, Turabian, MLA, Chicago, AMA - B. Davis Schwartz Memorial Library, Long Island University
- Citing Medicine: The NLM Style Guide for Authors, Editors, and Publishers
- Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals (Vancouver Style) - International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE)
- Using American Psychological Association (APA) Format (Updated to 5th Edition) - Online Writing Lab (OWL), Purdue University
- Electronic References - American Psychological Association (APA)
- Online! A Reference Guide to Using Internet Sources - Information on how to cite online information using MLA, APA, Chicago, and CBE styles.
- The Learning Page-Getting Started: How to Cite Electronic Sources - United States Library of Congress
Note: No definitive guidelines exist for citing electronic sources.
- Gaining Independence - A manual for planning the launch of a nonprofit electronic publishing venture
How to Write a Letter of Recommendation
- Writing Effective Letters of Recommendation - University of Washington, School of Medicine
- A Standardized Letter of Recommendation for Residency Application - Article from Academic Emergency Medicine
- Guidelines for Writing Letters of Recommendation - University of California, Berkeley
- ABMS Directory
- AMA DoctorFinder
- American Hospital Directory
- Directories from Medlineplus
- ISIHighlyCited.com - A tool to identify individuals, departments and laboratories that have made contributions to science and technology in recent decades.
- Medical/Health Sciences Libraries on the Web
- Member Medical Schools - American Association of Medical Colleges
- Primary Care Internet Guide
- RxList - the Internet drug index
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator - U.S. Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
Instructions for Authors
- Archives of Internal Medicine
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Health Services Information Center: Journals
- Instructions to Authors in the Health Sciences
- Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals - International Committee of Medical Journal Editors
- Lane Medical Library Catalog - At Stanford University Medical Center
- Lamar Soutter Library Catalog - At University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Medical / Health Sciences Libraries on the Web - From Hardin MD
- Melvyl Catalog - From the University of California System's libraries and nine other libries and collections
- National Library of Medicine
- LOCATORplus Catalog - Search the National Library of Medicine's catalog for books, journals, audiovisuals and access points to other medical research tools.
- The Virtual Naval Hospital
- The WWW Virtual Library - Biosciences
- Babel Fish - translate a web page by supplying the URL or enter text, up to 150 words. Many languages available.
- Dictionary.com - provides a translation service, and more.
- Free Translation - for fast and easy translation of text and web pages to English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, and Norwegian.
- transl8it! - Type in SMS texting lingo and let transL8it! convert it to plain english OR type in a phrase in english and convert it to SMS lingo.
- Codes of Ethics Online: Health Care - Illinois Institute of Technology
- Digital Librarian - a collection of the best reference sites on the web.
- The Internet Archive - use the Way Back Machine to surf the Web as it was.
- Journal of the Medical Library Association: JMLA
- Librarian's Index to the Internet
- Mayo Clinic Medical Information and Tools for Healthy Living
- RefDesk - a comprehensive directory of reference web sites.